Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Hero's Song

This might be one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard.

Body Of War is an intimate feature documentary about 25-year-old Tomas Young, who was paralyzed from a bullet to his spine while serving in the U.S. Army in Iraq. His story about dealing with his disability and finding his own unique and passionate voice against the war.
"The songs collected here are the sounds that have helped to inspire me and keep me going as I struggle to find the strength to deal with my new physical limitations while trying to find the energy to fight when many parts of my body and brain are telling me to stop...Each song you hear you're hearing because I found a meaning in it that helped focus a number of emotions and turn them into something that I hope will ultimately be positive." (Tomas Young) He found James' “Hero’s Song” through Brendan James’ Myspace page. The two struck a friendship, and the veteran, Young insisted that “Hero’s Song” appear first on the soundtrack.

I'm not posting this because I'm an anti-war-aholic, I really think it's an amazing song that shows a lot of different emotions that a deployed troop goes through. I think whether you agree with the war or not, this is a beautiful song. I know I for one cannot even begin to understand, nor do I try to understand what our troops go through while they are at war. I'm married to a Marine & have seen first hand how the war has affected & changed my husband but he, along with Tomas & thousands of other military members have served our country & they are definitely entitled to their own opinions on the war.



No comments: